A home security system can give you peace of mind, giving you confidence that your home is protected. In this SafeStreets USA review, we evaluate the company and its offerings to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Founded in 2000, SafeStreets USA is an ADT-authorized provider for extensive home security in 44 states. As one of ADT’s largest and oldest authorized dealers, SafeStreets USA offers four separate home security packages to choose from, along with a variety of home security products for comprehensive protection. Its network includes nearly 300 trained installation consultants, and same-day installation is available in most locations.
In this SafeStreets USA review, we take an in-depth look at the provider to help you determine if it’s the best home security company for you. To get a free quote from SafeStreets USA, call 844-358-1360 or use the quote tool below:
Our Take on SafeStreets USA
We rated SafeStreets USA an 8.5 out of 10. While it has a strong reputation through ADT and offers a back-up battery as well as a wide range of offerings and security products, SafeStreets USA is only available in 44 states and does not allow DIY installation.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Packages
SafeStreets USA offers four plans with different levels of comprehensiveness so you can select the best option for your needs. Traditional is the most basic, and Video & Automation, the most comprehensive, is the most popular plan, according to the company. You can find a breakdown of the plans below.
- Traditional: This package covers the essentials, including the fundamental ADT 24/7 monitoring, burglar alarms, and some optional offerings. The included features provide protection from carbon monoxide, fire/smoke, and more.
- Remote: This more advanced package combines the essentials along with remote activation. Remote home monitoring allows customers to arm and disarm the security system remotely through the app. Customers can also receive notifications on connected devices.
- Control: This package allows access to SafeStreet’s remote web and mobile security, including text and email notifications, providing extra peace of mind.
- Video & Automation: This package offers the most comprehensive coverage, with cutting-edge technology and secure real-time video for up-to-date coverage 24/7.
SafeStreets USA Package Comparison
Compare the specific features of each package below to determine which one is the best option for your home’s needs.
SafeStreets USA Equipment
SafeStreets USA sells a variety of products for ultimate protection.
- Smart Door Lock: This product allows customers to unlock their door with their smartphone for keyless entry anywhere through the mobile app. With the doorbell camera, they can see who is at the front door and let them in with the secure app. Instant updates are sent when the status of the door changes from locked to unlocked.
- Touch Screen Control Panel: The panel gives customers complete access to the entire system and allows them to activate the home automation system with Amazon’s Alexa for extra services. Using Amazon Voice Service, customers can control the system and other features. Multi-language support is available.
- ADT Video Doorbell Camera: This camera allows customers to see who is at their door by detecting motion, with clear 720p HD video images. Customers can chat with visitors and receive alerts when packages are delivered.
- Door and window sensors: These sensors alert SafeStreets instantly whenever doors and windows are open or closed so the company can inform the customer and send help quickly.
- ADT Glass Break Sensor: These ultra-sensitive detectors, each with a 25-foot range, feature a glass break alarm that notifies customers instantly.
- ADT Video Doorbell Camera: As described above.
- ADT-monitored outdoor security cameras: These HD outdoor, high-tech, weather-proof, high-tech security cameras surround customers’ entire property and share a live feed, complete with infrared night vision.
- Indoor security cameras: These high-definition cameras have WiFi capability and give clear video imaging of customers’ homes, even in low light. They send recorded clips to customers’ phones for footage of intruders and burglars.
SafeStreets USA’s services and products are available in 44 states, including all but Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Pricing
In order to give customers the most accurate pricing, a SafeStreets USA technician can visit your home for a free full consultation, explaining how the systems and equipment works. Alternatively, you can conduct the consultation over video. You can also receive a rough estimate over the phone.
There is also a $99 fee for installation.
When we called to receive a quote, we were given a special promotion that applied if we purchased a plan during that initial phone call. We were told the company would waive the $99 installation fee. The customer service representative also added that after two to three weeks post-activation, we would receive a $100 Visa gift card.
SafeStreets Customer Service
If you are interested in learning more about SafeStreets’ home security systems, you can fill out the online form with your phone number and email, and the provider will contact you within 24 hours. You can also call 855-891-7233. If you are an existing customer, you can reach SafeStreets by calling 1-800-369-0996.
SafeStreets offers a six-month money-back guarantee if the provider has made attempts to resolve the system-related issue and has been unable to in the first six months. The issue cannot be caused by customer error.
SafeStreets USA Reviews
SafeStreets USA has multiple profiles with the Better Business Bureau, including a headquarters page and pages for individual locations. The headquarters page is accredited and holds an A+ rating from the organization.
As with any company, there are both positive and negative reviews online. Here are some SafeStreets USA reviews to help you get a sense of what to expect if you choose the company’s services.
Stacy G. said:
“They were great to work with. **** who did our installation was professional and informative.”
Steven H. said:
“Horrible company! Sent untrained tech to install service. Couldn’t find a stud in the wall. So we now have two holes in our paneling that they won’t have repaired. Had four appointments set up for a tech that no one showed for. Canceled service and would not recommend anyone use them!”
SafeStreets vs. Competitors
If you’re unsure whether SafeStreets home security is right for you, compare this home security company to the competition.
The This Old House Reviews team rates SafeStreets USA an 8.5 out of 10. It is a good choice for people who want a wide range of services, backup battery, and affiliation with ADT, which has more than 140 years of experience in the home security industry.
To get a free quote from SafeStreets USA, call 844-358-1360 or use the quote tool below:
For easy, DIY installation, we recommend SimpliSafe as an alternative provider. You can learn more about SimpliSafe’s products by visiting the company’s website. If you’re looking for more affordable rates, Abode is another home security provider worth considering. More information about Abode’s products can be found on its site.
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparent reviews and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for home security providers is on a 100-point scale based on 10 factors:
- Number of systems (5)
- Special features (10)
- Installation options (5)
- Connectivity and smart home automation (15)
- Pricing (15)
- Contract period (5)
- Warranty (15)
- Trial period (15)
- Usability (5)
- Trustworthiness (10)
Our team reviewed 32 companies and spent 744 hours researching and testing out products to help us compare home security systems on key factors such as package options, cost, reliability, and ease of use. Read more on our methodology here.
More Reviews on Home Security Systems
- Best Home Security Systems of 2020
- Best Wireless Home Security Systems of 2020
- ADT Home Security Review (2020)
- Vivint Home Security Review (2020)
- SimpliSafe Home Security Review (2020)
- Alder Home Security Review (2020)
- Frontpoint Home Security Review (2020)
Frequently Asked Questions About SafeStreets USA
How much is SafeStreets USA home security?
We received a sample quote for the four different protection plans. The prices ranged from $44.99 per month to $62.99 per month. The company offers limited-time promotions over the phone.
Is SafeStreets USA Alexa-compatible?
Yes, you can connect your Touch Screen Panel with Alexa so that you can use Amazon voice for controls.
How long are SafeStreets USA contracts?
Home security contracts through SafeStreets USA are 36 months in every state except California, where they can be 24 months.
Does SafeStreets USA have a money-back guarantee?
The company follows ADT’s six-month money-back guarantee, which will refund customers but only after ADT has made attempts to resolve a system-related issue and has not been able to within the first six months of the contract.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at firstname.lastname@example.org.