The best home security systems in Las Vegas provide comprehensive protection, easy-to-use equipment, and 24/7 professional monitoring.
It’s hard not to worry about the safety of your home when you’re away. You want to make sure your home is protected, and sometimes having a security company’s sign in front of your house or a locked gate isn’t enough.
That’s where home security systems come in. These systems can safeguard your home with professional monitoring, mobile alerts, flood and carbon monoxide detection, and more.
But not all home security systems in Las Vegas have the same quality. They can offer different packages, different types of equipment, and varying levels of customer service attentiveness and cost.
The This Old House Reviews team has evaluated the best home security systems on important factors like packages offered, cost, installation, and more to help you determine the best fit for your home. Read on to find out about our top choices for Las Vegas home security systems.
The 6 Best Home Security Systems in Las Vegas
- ADT Home Security: Best Overall
- Vivint: Best for Smart Home Integration
- Alder: Best for Medical Alerts
- SimpliSafe: Best for Easy Installation
- Frontpoint: Best for Smartphone Integration
- Abode: Best for Customization
Compare Home Security Systems
1. ADT: Best Overall
ADT is the This Old House Reviews team’s top choice and our selection for the best overall home security system. ADT has the most extensive network of professional monitoring centers in the U.S. and nearly 150 years of experience in the industry. The company offers a six-month money-back guarantee and has millions of customers across the country.
ADT Packages & Equipment
ADT provides customers with a choice between four home security packages, with increasing levels of equipment and protection. The most basic security packages, The Essentials Package and the ADT Pulse® Remote Package, include a control panel, professional monitoring, and a variety of sensors.
- “The Essentials” Package: This straightforward starter package includes 24/7 monitoring, a motion sensor, Life Safety Equipment, and wireless door/window sensors. The package doesn’t include smart home integration or video surveillance.
- “ADT Pulse® Remote” Package: This package builds on “The Essentials,” adding app integration so that customers can arm and disarm their security system through their smartphone or tablet. Customers can set up personalized notifications and alerts, manage their smart home devices remotely, and integrate their smart home devices.
- “ADT Pulse® + Video” Package: This package adds multiple cameras to the prior package and allows customers to manage their cameras via the mobile app. Video or home automation options can also be set up.
- “ADT Pulse® Home Automation + Video” Package: This all-encompassing package includes customer access to all video and home automation features. People can automate their home’s system to coincide with their daily schedule.
People have the option to purchase this add-on equipment at an extra, one-time charge:
- Glass break sensor
- Flood sensor
- Smoke detector
- Video doorbell camera
- Indoor and outdoor cameras
- Touchscreen keypad
- Panic button
- Carbon monoxide detector
You can find the cost of ADT’s packages below.
2. Vivint: Best for Smartphone Integration
Vivint’s home security system offers seamless smart home and smartphone integration, easily connecting to third-party devices like the Philips Hue smart light, Kwikset smart lock, and Nest thermostat. Its cutting-edge equipment includes a type of security camera that uses advanced camera analytics to notify customers when packages and people arrive at their door.
Vivint Packages & Equipment
Vivint offers customers five different packages. The most extensive protection comes from The Smart Complete Bundle Package, which includes outdoor cameras for additional security.
- “Vivint Smart Hub Starter Kit” Package: The streamlined plan includes all the basics, like a touch screen panel that customers can control with Vivint’s mobile app. The Smart Hub, one motion sensor, two smart entry sensors, and one water sensor, plus $100 toward purchasing more sensors, are included.
- “Home Security System Bundle” Package: This package features all devices within the Vivint Smart Hub Starter Kit, as well as a smart smoke detector that can be easily integrated with the security system to unlock smart locks as soon as the smoke alarm system is triggered.
- “Smart Home Control Bundle” Package: This bundled option includes everything from the previous two packages, plus a smart garage door opener, a smart thermostat, and one smart door lock. Customers must subscribe to the Vivint Smart Home Video Plan to use the system.
- “Video Security Bundle” Package: This combo package gives customers video surveillance and all of the features of the Vivint Smart Hub Starter Kit. A video doorbell, indoor camera, and outdoor security camera are also included, and it features Wi-Fi enabled storage that archives all playback recording. Customers have to subscribe to the Smart Home Video Plan to use this package.
- “Smart Complete Bundle” Package: This smart package encompasses the greatest amount of equipment, including the automation from Vivint’s Smart Home Control Bundle and every device from the Video Security Bundle.
3. Alder: Best for Medical Alerts
Alder uses a different format for home security, setting it apart from its competitors. While most companies offer customers a variety of premade packages with specific equipment, Alder lets customers customize their own package. They pick and choose every device they’re interested in to create their tailor-made system. Alder has one of the quickest average response times in the industry of 3.4 seconds.
Alder Packages & Equipment
With Alder, customers can select all of the particular pieces of equipment they want to build out their unique package.
- Touchscreen Panel: This central piece of portable equipment acts as the motherboard of the Alder system. The panel operates with a cellular connection, so customers don’t need to be concerned about the system failing if the internet goes out.
- Indoor Security Camera: The indoor security camera features a wide angle lens, night vision, and two-way talk. The camera can detect when a baby cries or someone inside needs special attention and sends motion-activated notifications.
- Outdoor Security Camera: The outdoor security camera includes a wide variety of useful features, like a special wide-angle lens that can monitor a large area with a single camera. Two-way audio, motion detection, night vision, and mobile notifications are also included.
- Motion Sensor: This sensor uses infrared technology to detect when someone is moving within the house. If a sensor is tripped, it will send a notification to the security system’s control panel. That alerts both the customer and monitoring center.
- Door/Window Sensor: When the system is armed, the door/window sensors send notifications if doors and windows are opened. When the system isn’t armed, the base station will release a chiming sound when the sensor detects a window or door opening.
- Smart Smoke Detector: These detectors are designed to alert people before smoke signals start and to detect carbon monoxide.
- Medical Alert Pendant: This alert pendant is a good choice for people with a serious medical condition or seniors living by themselves. It alerts emergency services whenever the medical alert button is pressed.
- Flood and Freeze Detectors: These devices notify customers when they detect excess water within the house. Convenient places to set up these detectors include near sinks, major piping in the basement, and appliances that use water.
- Doorbell Camera: This convenient equipment gives customers access to the livestream of their door, sends them notifications when someone arrives at the door, and lets them talk to visitors.
Alder’s pricing information isn’t publicly available on the site, but customers can reach out to customer service representatives by phone to discuss costs. A three-year contract is required, and monthly monitoring prices start at $39.99.
4. SimpliSafe: Best for Easy Installation
SimpliSafe provides customers with the choice of easy DIY installation or professional installation, depending on their preferences and budget. Smart home integration is seamless—the security system easily pairs with smartphones, Amazon Alexa, Apple Watch, and more. There are no contract requirements, and the system’s battery life is more than 10 years.
SimpliSafe Packages & Equipment
SimpliSafe provides five home security packages, along with a customizable plan that allows customers to cherry pick the exact equipment they want. People are able to customize their SimpliSafe system with additional equipment like extra security cameras.
- “The Foundation” Package: This basic, straightforward package includes all of the foundational equipment, like the base station, keypad, entry sensor, and motion sensor.
- “The Essentials” Package: This package builds on The Foundation’s featured devices, adding two extra entry sensors.
- “The Hearth” Package: This packages features all devices provided by The Essentials Package, as well as special features like a siren, key fob, and more.
- “The Knox” Package: This package includes all of the equipment provided in The Hearth Package and a total of six entry sensors.
- “The Haven” Package: The Haven Package offers the most extensive protection and security. It includes all base equipment, plus a panic button, water sensor, and temperature sensor.
Create your custom SimpliSafe home security package by following each of these steps.
- Begin with the necessary base station and a wireless keypad.
- Choose the protection sensors you want—hazard sensors (smoke detectors, carbon monoxide sensor, water sensor, and temperature sensor) and burglary sensors (motion sensors, entry sensors, glass break sensors, panic button, and SimpliCam).
- Select any specific optional add-on equipment to round out your package (extra 105db siren, extra keypad, key fob, extra yard sign, and pro setup help).
You can find SimpliSafe’s pricing below.
SimpliSafe’s Standard Monitoring Plan is $14.99 per month, and the Interactive Monitoring Plan costs $24.99 per month.
5. Frontpoint: Best for Smartphone Integration
Frontpoint is a flexible DIY home security system. You don’t have to sign a long-term contract for all of the benefits of Frontpoint. People who are frequently on the go will get a lot of use out of the customizable smartphone notifications. You can also be confident in the system’s durability. With Frontpoint’s crash and smash protection guarantee, you will still be notified when a motion sensor is activated or door opens, even if the control panel is damaged or destroyed.
Frontpoint Packages & Equipment
Frontpoint offers a range of home security plans. Each package features a hub and keypad, at least two door/window sensors, and at least one motion sensor. If you don’t require an indoor camera or smoke and heat sensor, the Safe Home Starter or Safe Home Everyday package might be your best fit.
- “Safe Home Starter” Package: The most basic package includes a keypad, a hub, one motion sensor, and a pair of door/window sensors.
- “Safe Home Everyday” Package: This package includes every piece of equipment from the starter package, along with an extra door/window sensor and extra motion sensor.
- “Safe Home Select” Package: This package includes a glass break sensor and smoke and heat sensor for added peace of mind.
- “Safe Home Preferred” Package: The most extensive protection package combines every feature of all other packages and adds one indoor camera.
You can pay for your Frontpoint security equipment in a one-time payment upfront or finance your devices over time through payment service Affirm with a three-, six-, or 12-month payment plan.
6. Abode: Best for Customization
Abode has a versatile home security system able to connect up to 160 different devices for extensive protection. There are no contract requirements, and monitoring is straightforward for people who would prefer DIY monitoring instead of professional monitoring.
Abode Packages & Equipment
Abode offers four security packages, ranging from basic to comprehensive, to ensure that you’ll find a security package that matches what you want.
- “Smart Security Middle” Package: The most budget-friendly, basic package features Abode’s Gen 2 Gateway, three door/window sensors, one motion sensor, one sticker, one keypad, and one key fob.
- “Iota Kit Middle” Package: This package adds on the foundation of The Smart Security Middle, including the iota All-In-One Gateway, three door/window sensors, one key fob, and one keypad.
- “Smart Security Kit Elite” Package: This package includes the Gen 2 Gateway, like the Smart Security Middle Package, plus one sticker, two motion sensors, four mini door/window sensors, one keypad, and one key fob.
“Iota Kit Elite” Package: The most comprehensive security package includes Abode’s All-In-One Gateway, four mini door/window sensors, a keypad, a key fob, and a motion sensor.
You can find a breakdown of Abode’s pricing below.
The This Old House Reviews team has evaluated many home security companies and determined that ADT, Vivint, Alder, SimpliSafe, Frontpoint, and Abode are our top recommendations for the home security systems you can invest in for your Las Vegas home. Each of these providers offers a range of packages and straightforward equipment, as well as their own unique pros.
We recommend reaching out to several providers for quotes to help you pick the best security system for your home. You can use the tool below to contact our recommended home security companies in Las Vegas.
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparent reviews and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for home security providers is on a 100-point scale based on 10 factors:
- Number of systems (5)
- Special features (10)
- Installation options (5)
- Connectivity and smart home automation (15)
- Pricing (15)
- Contract period (5)
- Warranty (15)
- Trial period (15)
- Usability (5)
- Trustworthiness (10)
Our Reviews Team reviewed 32 companies and spent 744 hours researching and testing out products to help us compare home security systems on key factors such as package options, cost, reliability, and ease of use. Read more on our methodology here.
More on Home Security Systems
- Best Home Security Systems of 2020
- Best Wireless Home Security Systems of 2020
- ADT Home Security Review (2020)
- Vivint Home Security Review (2020)
- SimpliSafe Home Security Review (2020)
- Alder Home Security Review (2020)
- Frontpoint Home Security Review (2020)
What to Consider When Choosing a Home Security System in Las Vegas
- Reputation: Learn about the company’s pros and cons by chatting with friends and family and reading online reviews.
- Types of equipment: Home security services offer different types of equipment. You should make sure the home security system you’re interested in features all of the equipment you want and need.
- Installation method: Some providers only offer professional installation instead of giving you a choice between that and DIY. That could be a negative because there is typically a fee for professional installation.
- Cost: Before you invest in a home security system, confirm that the installation costs, equipment costs, and monitoring costs are within your budget.
- Smart home integration: If you like using your Nest thermostat or Amazon Alexa, consider home security systems with seamless smart home integration.
Frequently Asked Questions About Home Security Systems in Las Vegas
What is the best home security company?
We rank ADT as the best overall home security company. The provider has more than 140 years of experience in the industry, a six-month money-back guarantee, and the largest network of professional monitoring centers.
How much does it cost to get a home security system installed?
Home security system installation fees typically range from $99 to $199. The exact amount you pay will depend on the security system you choose.
Is SimpliSafe as good as ADT?
SImpliSafe is one of our top choices because of its easy installation and seamless smart home integration, along with its no-contract-required policy. However, we believe ADT is the top choice.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at email@example.com.